Monday, April 19, 2010

A Visit to Nepal


Nepal is a wonderful place for trekking. If you like to walk, there is no more inspiring place to do it. These pages show pictures and a journal from my treks. Traveling to Nepal is actually not very difficult, and the country is well-prepared to receive trekkers. I hope that these pages will encourage others to discover this beautiful part of the world for themselves.
This is an account of my first excursion away from America. In the fall of 1994, I spent six weeks visiting Nepal. After exploring Kathmandu, I went to the Everest Region for a twenty day trek. There, I climbed two 18,000-foot hills, Kala Pattar and Gokyo Ri for views of Mt. Everest and its surroundings, and visited the Buddhist monastery at Tengboche. Then I went to Pokhara for a ten day trek to the Annapurna Base Camp and Poon Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment